living individual (data subject). Whenever personal data is collected, recorded, processed, stored or
disposed of it must be done within the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The GDPR has been designed to ensure common data protection practise across Europe, as well as to
protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal
data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of
personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA. It should be noted that GDPR does not
apply to information already in the public domain, such as Companies House data.
Higher Concept Software Ltd T/A Point of Rental Software is committed to ensuring that your personal
will collect and use your personal data.
Point of Rental Software is an award winning, international software company, which was created for the hire industry. We serve thousands of customers in: tool hire; crane hire; event hire; plant hire; construction; gas & oil, to name but a few industries. Point of Rental Software has over 500+ years combined staff experience in the hire industry – which is more than any other software provider in the world, and currently 77 countries use our software. We have onsite support offices in the USA, Australia and United Kingdom and offer 24/7 phone support.
Any personal information that you provide to us will be controlled by Higher Concept Software Limited T/A Point of Rental Software, which is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10253119 whose registered office is at Ground Floor (Unit 1), Pennant House, Napier Court, Napier Road, Reading, Berkshire RG1 8BW.
Your personal information is collected when you visit or register on the website, make an enquiry, or place an order with us.
- Your full name and email address
- Your phone number
- Company name and location
- Credit card information (if you are placing an order)
- Details of the information you are requesting, i.e. if you request a demo you will be asked to indicate which product you would like Point of Rental to demo; and any message you wish to send Point of Rental Software
- Information about an order you have placed or details relating to your support needs
In some cases, we may direct you to a third-party partner site which will collect the necessary information from you (i.e. a demo request booking form) and fulfil your order.
We collect your personal data for contractual and legitimate business purposes to enable us to deliver the product or service to you.
Point of Rental Software collects personal information to meet its contractual obligations with its employees, customers and suppliers, and to respond to business enquiries. If you order a product or service from us, you will need to provide certain personal details so that the order can be fulfilled.
The information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To deliver the services and products you have requested, as well as communicate order updates and respond to any queries, issues or complaints you may have;
- To process transactions;
- To provide demos, quotations and invoices;
- To, periodically, send you company news, promotions, competitions, updates, related product or service information, which we believe may be of interest to you. (You will be given an ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ option on all marketing related emails so that if you wish to withdraw consent to receive these types of communications, you are free to opt out at any time).
- To improve our website and user experience;
- To contact you in relation to recruitment and to assess your suitability for a role and to comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good employment practice.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
For purposes of marketing and other services, Point of Rental Software uses third party suppliers (‘Processors’). These Processors have been given strict instructions, and have agreed, to process data in accordance with GDPR at all times.
- the use of your personal information is necessary for Point of Rental Software to gather information from you in order to provide you with a quotation, schedule a demo or deliver the services as outlined in our contract with you;
- the use of your personal information is necessary to for Point of Rental Software to comply with its legal obligations;
- the use of your personal information is necessary for the purposes of Point of Rental Software legitimate interests, including fraud prevention, intra-group transfers, IT security etc.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or make an enquiry. Personal information that you give to Point of Rental Software will be held on our company servers in a controlled, secure environment where it is protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information is transmitted from the website to the server, it is protected by use of encryption and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
If you make a payment on our website, the supplied credit card number, expiration date and CVV2 data is transmitted via SSL technology directly to our payment gateway provider’s database, and after a transaction, your credit card number, and CVV2 data will not be stored on our servers.
Point of Rental Software has put in place appropriate security safeguards and virus protection to protect the hardware and software which is used in processing all personal data, in accordance with best industry practice.
A cookie is a piece of information that is held on the hard drive of your computer that records how you have used a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (and sometimes its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies and can do so by either accepting or declining our Cookies Policy. If you decline cookies please note that you may not be able to use some of the features on our website without cookies
At any point whilst Point of Rental Software is in possession of or is processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request to see the information we hold about you;
- Right of rectification – you have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected or completed if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you have the right to request to have your personal data deleted, also known as the right to be ‘forgotten’;
- Right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data;
- Right to data portability – you have the right to have the personal data we hold about you transferred, in a secure way, to another organisation;
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing (i.e. direct marketing);
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling – you have the right to not be subject to automated processing or profiling.
Should you wish to exercise one or more of your above rights, Point of Rental Software will ask for confirmation of identity (by means of your driving licence, passport, recent utility bill etc.) before it discloses any personal information and you will be asked to complete a Subject Access Request form and email it to: email@example.com
In the event that Point of Rental Software refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
If you would like more information regarding your personal data rights, please go to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-dataprotection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include intracompany transfers to our other company offices (based in the United States of America and Australia) when necessary or trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
However, Point of Rental Software may disclose your personal information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. We may also enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Point of Rental Software, its clients and/or the wider community.
Although Point of Rental Software is based in the United Kingdom, we may occasionally need to use international suppliers or transfer information to our other offices, based in the United States of America and Australia, to ensure that you receive the best products and services from us. To allow us to run our business on this basis, the information we collect may be transferred to other countries where this is necessary for the purposes of our contract with you or in anticipation of a contract (for example, in relation to obtaining a quotation). Where this includes transfers to countries outside of the EEA, we will ensure that we have appropriate contractual arrangements in place to protect your data.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent Privacy Policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Point of Rental Software, in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, will process personal data for the duration of the contract and will continue to retain only the personal data needed to meet any contractual, legitimate business interest and legal obligations for the statue time periods required by law (i.e. financial information required by HMRC will be securely kept for six years). At the end of these periods, any personal data not required will be deleted.
If you would like more information about the data retention schedule, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data is primarily held in the United Kingdom and may, on occasion, also be held outside the EEA by our Point of Rental Software offices based in United States of America and Australia, both of whom have signed Data Processing Agreements confirming their compliance with GDPR.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Point of Rental Software or its processors, you have the right to complain to Point of Rental Software’s General Manager. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The details for each of these contacts are:
Point of Rental Software, attention of the General Manager Ground Floor (Unit 1), Pennant House, Napier Court, Napier Road, Reading, Berkshire RG1 8BW Telephone: +44 (0) 118 956 9577 or email: email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF Telephone: +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/